Do you need to submit an essay or final thesis soon but find yourself stuck? Is the topic unclear or are you finding it hard to produce an outline? Or have you been unable to find the literature you need or just require a little motivational push? Don’t worry: you’re not alone – thousands of students are in a similar situation!
An Essay Campaign Day will be held at TIB – Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology on 6 March 2018 from 11:00 to 15:00. During the Essay Campaign Day, the Writing Workshop of the Centre for Quality Enhancement in Teaching and Learning/Key Competences and TIB will help you write your scientific work, providing a setting in which students can read and write together. In individual writing and research consultation sessions and short keynotes, students will discover useful tips and tricks – on literature search and reference management as well as on text production. Students can look forward to the following keynotes:
- 11:20–11:35: The writing process involved in the production of scientific work
- 12:00–12:15: Literature search: our 5 hottest tips
- 12:40–12:55: Progressing from the topic to the table of contents
- 13:00–13:15: We all write differently: writing types and their writing strategies
The Multilingual Writing Centre (MSZ) and the Centre for Psychological-Therapeutic Counselling (ptb) will also offer a number of programme elements at the event.
Go to Essay Campaign Day programme
Date: 6 March 2018, 11:00-15:00
Location: TIB Technik/Naturwissenschaften (Science/Technology) site
Do you have any questions about the library and the services it offers? Would you like to find out more about how to go about using books and journal articles? Or do you require assistance in the search for an item? We'll be happy to help. Simply contact a member of staff at the Information Desk at any of the sites during service times. They will provide support in all matters concerning the use of the library.
Would you like to contact us directly?
Contact us - by email, phone, post or fax.
Are you new to the library?
Are you unable to find what you need?
- We'll advise you on how to use the TIB Portal
- We'll provide tips on using regional and transregional catalogues to search for items
- We'll show you how to make an interlibrary loan request if the media items you require are unavailable in Hannover
- Subject gateways: A compilation of subject-specific search options
- Specialised departments: Our subject specialists will provide advice when complex thematic searches are involved, i.e. in preparation for a Bachelor or Master’s thesis. Please arrange an appointment if you require detailed or specific advice.
Do you require technical support?
- We provide advice on how to use our computer workstations and the technical infrastructure, and on how to print and copy documents.
- We offer advice and assistance on how to access Leibniz Universität Hannover’s identity management, Stud.IP, the university’s wireless LAN and how to use Eduroam.
Do you need assistance in producing scientific work?
Other information points at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Leibniz Universität Hannover ServiceCenter, located in the atrium, provides its students with all kinds of useful information.
- Information about notebook hire, complex wireless LAN problems, and software licences can be obtained from the IT Service Desk of Leibniz Universität IT Services (LUIS).
- The eLearning Service Department (elsa) is available if you have any questions about Stud.IP or eLearning.