20 Attention-Grabbing Argumentative Essay Topics In Nursing
People usually look down upon the nursing profession when compared to studying medicine. What they are unaware of is the importance of capable nurses and the equally tough curriculum they have. Are you one of those people aspiring to become a nurse but currently stuck at finding the perfect topic for your argumentative essay in nursing? Well, it really is not that hard. Look up the latest news on nursing and pick a controversial topic that has ample scope to be argued on. The topic does not necessarily have to be unique. You can spice up a common, clichéd topic by taking up a unique and interesting stance on it.
20 Essay Topics for Nursing Students
Here are a few attention-grabbing suggestions that might appeal to you.
- 1. The role of a nurse is more important than that of a doctor.
- 2. The impact of nursing vs. the impact of doctors on healthcare services.
- 3. The ideal work relationship between a doctor and a nurse vs. the reality
- 4. Are nurses exposed to more health hazards?
- 5. How far does the abuse of power of home nurses go?
- 6. Is it okay to force nurses to work overtime?
- 7. Should government play a part in encouraging men to become nurses?
- 8. Is it okay to allow nurses to end the lives of patients with extreme/fatal afflictions?
- 9. Is home nursing really safe?
- 10. What should be the ideal number of nurses in a hospital?
- 11. Should nurses be allowed to prescribe medicine?
- 12. Nursing is a woman’s job.
- 13. Nurses should be paid as much as doctors.
- 14. Increased number of working hours has an impact on the work quality of nurses.
- 15. The role of nurses in the outcome of patients.
- 16. Doctors and nurses should be given a global visa.
- 17. It should be mandatory for all nurses in the developed countries to spend 2 years nursing in developing countries to complete their degree.
- 18. The profession of nursing is more respectable than that of a doctor.
- 19. The sexualisation of the image of a nurse should be banned.
- 20. The nursing profession is plagued by racial discrimination.
There are some interesting topics that you can write on. Instead of going for the obvious stance, choose the opposite to make your essay unique. Back your point with real life situations or cases if possible. There is a lot that can be explored.
15 Attention-Grabbing Argumentative Essay Topics Related To Nursing
You know, writing an argumentative essay can be a lot of fun. No more do you have to bite your lip and write in an unbiased way (as I’m sure you’ve had to do with other assignments); now you can voice an opinion!
Having said that, you’re not being asked to blindly shout off your mouth on the topic at hand! You will, of course, need to present an informed, well balanced piece consisting of counter arguments and opinions (from reputable people and organizations) as much as your own take on the issue.
Nevertheless, the object is to persuade your reader to your stance, so if you select your references wisely, contain relevant information and provide a level headed, well presented case, then you can’t go wrong.
It’s always best to select an issue that you have a real passion for. (It also helps if you already know a fair bit about the subject beforehand.) If you can balance your passion with that of academic excellence, you’ll be on to a winner.
So, in this instance, you need to choose an issue concerned with nursing. It’s a big subject, so the more you can narrow it down to a specific point of interest, and one on which there is a great deal of data and opinions to be had, the better your choice will be.
Here are fifteen ideas to help you come up with your own topic:
- Why more men becoming nurses would be beneficial to the equality of the sector.
- Nurses should not be allowed to end the life of a patient.
- An increase in salary for nurses is crucial to providing a better health care service.
- Nurses should be allowed to take on board more responsibilities that can currently only be provided by doctors.
- Western safety standards for nursing should be mandatory in developing countries.
- To provide all round better health care, an extra year of study should be added to all nursing qualification courses.
- Placebos work – why nurses should be administering them.
- Personal choice: the right of Jehova’s Witnesses to not be induced for treatment.
- Understaffed hospitals are directly responsible for poor quality of care.
- The U.S.A should have a National Health System akin to Britain.
- Spouses should have the right to remove feeding tubes from their partners.
- The government should raise more awareness of the health risks from junk food.
- Stem cell research should have more government funding.
- Nurses should administer homeopathy pills – it’s not all bunk!
- How European working methods in health care should be introduced in the U.S.
Looking for help with essay? Order essay online from experienced essay writing service.